Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Sports you watch? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=4126)

gazzae 11-11-2003 13:20

Re: Sports you watch?

Football, Rugby (both codes), American Football, Ice Hockey, F1, Rallying, NASCAR, Superbikes, Pool, Snooker

Paul 11-11-2003 14:39

Football (not the US version).
I tried to watch baseball once but got completely confused by it.

Chimaera 11-11-2003 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bexy
:LOL: glad your happy huni.......
and we feel like we know you too :p
well im planning a get together (local) in london next month :p

i'm being told off and told to behave too....so back on topic now :p

edit: i stick my tongue out way too much.....gonna get me in trouble one day ;)

London meet bexy??

Is that a stay in hotel type meet or a drop in go home type meet?

Either way there will be plenty of spectator sport (going by the last two!!) :D

Chris 11-11-2003 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimaera
London meet bexy??

Either way, myself, Mrs Towny and Little Towny would prolly make a day out of it and then drop in for a couple of hours in the afternoon, unless it was close enough for me to pop over myself for an evening :)

orangebird 11-11-2003 15:44

Darts
Tennis
Rugby
Football
Athletics

I would watch more american sports, but the commentators get on my nerves.....

Bex 11-11-2003 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimaera
London meet bexy??

:notopic: but anyone who wants to meet up in december time, pm...i am organising the down south one...so surrey/london/reading sort of areas...

spectator sports....nothing happened :P

iadom 11-11-2003 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
Darts

That's a pub game played by 20 stone, beer swilling, lumps of lard, it's in no way a sport.;)

Bex 11-11-2003 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom
That's a pub game played by 20 stone, beer swilling, lumps of lard, it's in no way a sport.;)

:geez: :spin: do hope you are joking :eek::p

iadom 11-11-2003 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by bexy
:geez: :spin: do hope you are joking :eek::p

Only a little, I'm quite scared of OB, so i'm of to hide.:walk: :Peaceman:

orangebird 11-11-2003 17:02

Quote:

Oi! It's competitive, with hand to eye co-ordination, and takes lots of practice - what more do you want?? ;) :p

iadom 11-11-2003 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
Oi! It's competitive, with hand to eye co-ordination, and takes lots of practice - what more do you want?? ;) :p

Yes I must admit that getting the glass to the mouth without spilling a drop, whilst holding three darts does take a good deal of practice and dedication.:beer: :rolleyes: ;)

orangebird 11-11-2003 17:17

Quote:

Yes I must admit that getting the glass to the mouth without spilling a drop, whilst holding three darts does take a good deal of practice and dedication.:beer: :rolleyes: ;)

:LOL: True....

No need to be scared, I'm a pushover really... :angel: ;)

Atomic22 11-11-2003 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by towny
Can I be the first person to make the inevitable point that what Americans call Basketball and Baseball, we call netball and rounders, and are played by little girls at school. ;) American 'football' meanwhile, is glorified Rugby, which elsewhere in the world is played by men without the aid of helmets and heavy padding. :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

netball and rounders lmfao......and in the girly version of rugby where they dress up in plastic to look macho they only play half a game and the other half they are on the bench whilst the other half of the team play.....oh and they throw the ball forwards so they dont have to run much or get tackled.....aarh poor dears

Theodoric 11-11-2003 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerrek
What is your favorite sport to watch with friends and drink beer? What do you put on the widescreen tv when you and your buddies drink? (sport! not movies!)

I am stuck with pretty much one thing: hockey. NHL (Maple Leaf supporter [yeah yeah yeah, I know, Hailey's Comet comes around more often than the Stanley Cup, but who cares...]) or Team Canada (I think the big rinks are a little too big... not enough physical action.)

Football, eh. Don't really appreciate it. Never got into this whole guy-on-guy-on-the-grass thing. Basketball is a little better than golf, but not too much. Baseball is a good second option if hockey ain't available. And I don't don't don't watch curling!!!!

I can claim to have watched ice hockey in Canada whilst drinking beer. Strangely enough I have never felt the need to repeat this. Ok, I'll give the drinking beer a repeat performance. :)

Theodoric 11-11-2003 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomic22
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

netball and rounders lmfao......and in the girly version of rugby where they dress up in plastic to look macho they only play half a game and the other half they are on the bench whilst the other half of the team play.....oh and they throw the ball forwards so they dont have to run much or get tackled.....aarh poor dears

To quote Oscar:
'Rugby is a game for barbarians played by gentlemen. Football is a game for gentlemen played by barbarians.'

EDIT: And, to quote Rudyard Kipling (I think): "Muddied oafs and flanneled fools."