Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : Season 2012/2013 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687913)

thenry 13-12-2012 14:19

Re: Football Season 2012/2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35511103)
No but those do not strengthen the main thrust of the article about the relationship between Wenger and Steve Bould. Having a valid quote that is unrelated to your point doesn't make the point correct.

ok fine. what are your views on what these men such as Tim have said?

Quote:

The truth is we do not know the exact circumstances around how deals get made. You want to make it out that it's all Wenger because this lets you assign more of the blame to the man and also allows this idea that all we need to do is bring in Guardiola and all will be fine again. It's probably more likely a bit of both. We do know that Dick Law does the contract negations and that Wenger and Gazidis both have a large amount of input upon those agreements.

Its Wengers choice as manager to give the recommendation to hand Bendtner and co a new contract not Law, Ivan or any other senior. It may well be both or all three involved but make no mistake its Wenger whom has the choice to hand them new contracts. So 'x' player gets a new deal, great but whats he offering? isnt it the managers duty to be sure resources are maximized? Not addressing Bendtners playboy attitude etc. letting him wonder heedlessly isnt exactly good management. Go play, express yourself isn't going to work. Just look at Arshavin. Anyway back in the day we had a great spine. those heads wouldnt as a collective unit allow players to toy around. There would be a unity about them and that would be put across to other players.. pull your finger out. Wenger hasnt got that spine no more to fall back on.

So on to Pep, would he give the go ahead to hand players that are taking the pee a new bumper contract? I doubt it very much. he'd be looking to see what 'x' player brings and if it warrants a new contract then fine, if not then they'll be shown the door in favour of 'y' player who'll offer something to our fight.

Quote:

Wenger is a dictator, that's a fact? Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Pol Pot and Arsene Wenger. Yes, that's a proportional response. Even those who think he should go have nothing but respect for the man and all he has done for the club but you've really laid into him with no respect at all. He is 'pathetic', 'a fool' and now a dictator. When he does leave you're actually going to find yourself isolated because he will be forever remembered as a legend by the vast majority of Arsenal fans and they won't accept such insults against him.

oh here we go, thats right jump the gun Damien. I do respect the man, what hes achieved has been great but I am in no way going to support this decline. thats just blowing smoke and adding fuel to this problem we have. isolated? ye ok just like various people have now finally come to terms it may well end messy but hope it doesn't just like me. if you look through my posts you'll see Ive said just that a while back.

Quote:

Well you can't have it both ways. You compare us to Chelsea and Manchester City who have substantially more money but you won't allow a comparison between clubs with less money?

No I've been addressing efficiency. its you that keeps banging the drum of Chelsea and Citys spend.

Quote:

You're right however. You can't compare Swansea or West Brom to Arsenal. We have a lot more money than them. So where should we finish if we take into account income? 4th. *Looks at graph*. We're finishing exactly where we should.....

well I dont look at it purely on spend. i look at efficiency too. the reason I said you cant compare us to Swansea and West Brom is because of our honours.

Damien 13-12-2012 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35511111)
ok fine. what are your views on what these men such as Tim have said?

Well it's not too different to what I said a few pages back. We want something to change. I want Wenger to build the next great team of this era.

Quote:

Its Wengers choice as manager to give the recommendation to hand Bendtner and co a new contract not Law, Ivan or any other senior. It may well be both or all three involved but make no mistake its Wenger whom has the choice to hand them new contracts. So 'x' player gets a new deal, great but whats he offering? isnt it the managers duty to be sure resources are maximized?
Wenger decides who he wants to keep but no one is too sure on the contract talks. We know Wenger doesn't do them himself. Agents and he himself have said this (said he wasn't directly involved with Walcott). Also 50k isn't that absurd for Bendtner when you consider that the average at a top club is nearing 70k to 100k with top players getting around 200k.

Quote:

So on to Pep, would he give the go ahead to hand players that are taking the pee a new bumper contract? I doubt it very much. he'd be looking to see what 'x' player brings and if it warrants a new contract then fine, if not then they'll be shown the door in favour of 'y' player who'll offer something to our fight.
We honestly do not know what Pep would do. He isn't superman though. We have very little to base what he would do on, all that stuff is done by the higher ups at Barcelona and indeed most European clubs. The Director of Football and the President of the club. Also there aren't many examples of him in the transfer market, Barcelona had most of what he needed and he looked to the youth team where he could for new recruits.

Quote:

oh here we go, thats right jump the gun Damien. I do respect the man, what hes achieved has been great but I am in no way going to support this decline. thats just blowing smoke and adding fuel to this problem we have. isolated? ye ok just like various people have now finally come to terms it may well end messy but hope it doesn't just like me. if you look through my posts you'll see Ive said just that a while back.
You have indeed described him as a Dictator, Pathetic and a fool. Don't post such things and then protest when they're credited to you. Stand by your posts or don't make them. You say you respect him but the tone and language you use are not those of respect. You don't call him you respect a Dictator or pathetic. You describe pretty much everything he does as crap or a joke. It's one thing to say he is no longer equipped to deal with modern football but you respect the man and all he has done, it's another to relentlessly describe him in such brutal terms.

Quote:

well I dont look at it purely on spend. i look at efficiency too. the reason I said you cant compare us to Swansea and West Brom is because of our honours.
Well let's compare ourselves to Liverpool or Leeds then? Efficiency is entirely subjective and you use it because the actual league positions vs spend or even league positions vs income is actually make a pretty good case for Wenger. If we looked at what he has actually done then it's hard to make the case that he needs to go. If we say 'well actually it's not efficient and he should do much better' then you can say what you want. It's entirely subjective.

nstokes 13-12-2012 14:34

This is stupid. He should of been punished

No action over Stamford Bridge 'monkey gesture'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20715706

adzii_nufc 13-12-2012 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35511123)
This is stupid. He should of been punished

No action over Stamford Bridge 'monkey gesture'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20715706

Ever since that Uruguayan bloke turned up in England it's been a common thing to see racial abuse reported in the news on a weekly basis.

Maybe they can revoke his passport the next time he's playing away in Europe.

I suppose they also think they'll get away with it if they blag a judge about how he was just repeating what he saw/heard.

nstokes 13-12-2012 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35511130)
Ever since that Uruguayan bloke turned up in England it's been a common thing to see racial abuse reported in the news on a weekly basis.

Maybe they can revoke his passport the next time he's playing away in Europe.

You mean Surez?

He has had is punishment and has moved on. Other people should as well. He cant be fault for other peoples actions

thenry 13-12-2012 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35511122)
Well it's not too different to what I said a few pages back. We want something to change. I want Wenger to build the next great team of this era.

yup we all do but my reality view of it is it wont happen. ive lost faith in him. hes just way too hellbent trying to prove his vision thats flawed.

Quote:

Wenger decides who he wants to keep but no one is too sure on the contract talks. We know Wenger doesn't do them himself. Agents and he himself have said this (said he wasn't directly involved with Walcott). Also 50k isn't that absurd for Bendtner when you consider that the average at a top club is nearing 70k to 100k with top players getting around 200k.

50k isnt absurd at a club such as Arsenal agreed. it is however absurd to hand such a vast amount to someone thats just taking the pee. may be its a growing up, maturing thing yet this whole Bendtner case has left me little to look to as a positive. hes gone from taking the pee thinking hes Gods gift to this world to slating this club. much much worse than me slating Wenger. This club is bigger than everyone.

Quote:

We honestly do not know what Pep would do. He isn't superman though. We have very little to base what he would do on, all that stuff is done by the higher ups at Barcelona and indeed most European clubs. The Director of Football and the President of the club. Also there aren't many examples of him in the transfer market, Barcelona had most of what he needed and he looked to the youth team where he could for new recruits.

its a different challenge.

Quote:

You have indeed described him as a Dictator, Pathetic and a fool. Don't post such things and then protest when they're credited to you. Stand by your posts or don't make them. You say you respect him but the tone and language you use are not those of respect. You don't call him you respect a Dictator or pathetic. You describe pretty much everything he does as crap or a joke. It's one thing to say he is no longer equipped to deal with modern football but you respect the man and all he has done, it's another to relentlessly describe him in such brutal terms.

protest? I said a while back I hope he turns it around but I just cant see it happening. he is a fool for the clear mistakes hes making. hes pathetic for trying to fool us with some of the crap hes said over the years. hes a dictator because well he is. its his way or no way.

Quote:

Well let's compare ourselves to Liverpool or Leeds then? Efficiency is entirely subjective and you use it because the actual league positions vs spend or even league positions vs income is actually make a pretty good case for Wenger. If we looked at what he has actually done then it's hard to make the case that he needs to go. If we say 'well actually it's not efficient and he should do much better' then you can say what you want. It's entirely subjective.

actually no. look at the vast amount of money being wasted and look at the amount useful in terms of wage spend on players offering something. like i said a while back, what if we had the other half performing last year? would we of finished 3rd or higher?

adzii_nufc 13-12-2012 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35511135)
You mean Surez?

He has had is punishment and has moved on. Other people should as well. He cant be fault for other peoples actions

His actions cause a chain-reaction along with the idiot Kenny Dalglish defending him & John Terry, Now every idiot fan assumes they too will get away scot free and it's become a weekly thing in the PremierLeague, Something that was not heavily reported on before this guy made an arse of himself.

As for punishment, I run down the street making racist gestures at people, I don't get a few games away from football and still get paid, I get arrested, I likely lose my job and so on.

So that leads to the next thing then. This fan gets away scot free..why? Because it's hard to punish this guy with legal action when two high profile footballers merely received a vacation from the sport.

thenry 13-12-2012 15:02

Terry lost personal sponsor deals Adz. but I do agree these clubs going all out to defend players have opened up a dark place which is filling up with nutters

nstokes 13-12-2012 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35511144)
His actions cause a chain-reaction along with the idiot Kenny Dalglish defending him & John Terry, Now every idiot fan assumes they too will get away scot free and it's become a weekly thing in the PremierLeague, Something that was not heavily reported on before this guy made an arse of himself.

As for punishment, I run down the street making racist gestures at people, I don't get a few games away from football and still get paid, I get arrested, I likely lose my job and so on.

So that leads to the next thing then. This fan gets away scot free..why? Because it's hard to punish this guy with legal action when two high profile footballers merely received a vacation from the sport.

I agree with you. Footballers should be treated like us normal people. If they are guilty of racism they should sacked from the club and be given a criminal record like you or me if it was us.

Footballers get away with MOST things and are treated very different. Just because they play football doesnt mean there punishments should be different.

People that cause issues at grounds like coin throwing, racist chants or violence should be banned and given a criminal record

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35511150)
Terry lost personal sponsor deals Adz. but I do agree these clubs going all to defend players have opened up a dark place which in filling up with nutters

He lost Ad deals yes but i still think its wrong he only got a 4 game ban but Sureaz got 8 for a racial offence.

adzii_nufc 13-12-2012 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35511150)
Terry lost personal sponsor deals Adz. but I do agree these clubs going all to defend players have opened up a dark place which in filling up with nutters

:D My heart bleeds for the guy, shame it didn't burn too much of a hole in his gigantic pocket.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...incidents.html

Every week without fail now.

Quote:

He lost Ad deals yes but i still think its wrong he only got a 4 game ban but Sureaz got 8 for a racial offence.
He's English though, FA were bound to show favoritism

nstokes 13-12-2012 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35511155)
:D My heart bleeds for the guy, shame it didn't burn too much of a hole in his gigantic pocket.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...incidents.html

Every week without fail now.

The fine would have been like pocket change for the amount he has in his bank account.

I would have been like going to Roman and asking to borrow £10

adzii_nufc 13-12-2012 15:14

Clubs are backing standing grounds in the English game. Think Villa were the only EPL club to back it.

Seems English football is heading back to the 80's :dunce:

I don't know about any other clubs but if our fans want to stand they all get together on a forum and sort their season tickets out so they are all near each other and at the back of the stand. They do this all season long and stand up without issue.

Julian 13-12-2012 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35511021)
Are there any supporters of Arsenal's youth team (otherwise known as Southampton) that can tell us if Luke Shaw is worth the hype?

You know us. Would we breed bad stock?

Anyway get your feeelthy hands off our boys!

And no, we don't need Theo in part-ex either. ;)

adzii_nufc 13-12-2012 15:19

With the way Damien talks about Arsenal's wage structure I get relieved knowing Demba Ba won't be going to Arsenal in January :hyper:

thenry 13-12-2012 15:21

I don't want Ba to be honest. I'd rather go for Huntelaar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35511159)
Clubs are backing standing grounds in the English game. Think Villa were the only EPL club to back it.

Seems English football is heading back to the 80's :dunce:

I don't know about any other clubs but if our fans want to stand they all get together on a forum and sort their season tickets out so they are all near each other and at the back of the stand. They do this all season long and stand up without issue.

Arsenal back it too. a standing area that is not all out standing everywhere