Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709861)

1701-e 27-03-2024 20:02

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36172625)
It told me the devices it considered in my household and asked me to confirm.

Same here

DVD Cinema 28-04-2024 23:13

Most of the Stream channels are not jumping/skipping now, thanks Virgin.

Legendkiller2k 29-04-2024 14:36

I've had information today that Amazon are talking to SKY about prime video being included in SKY packs, talks are very early stage atm so could be awhile.

1701-e 29-04-2024 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36174206)
I've had information today that Amazon are talking to SKY about prime video being included in SKY packs, talks are very early stage atm so could be awhile.

Any word on paramount plus and virgin talks?

Legendkiller2k 29-04-2024 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36174216)
Any word on paramount plus and virgin talks?

Nothing yet mate.

Legendkiller2k 16-05-2024 15:03

HBO MAX launch for UK is still coming but a deal with SKY is still possible
Warner Bros. Discovery is doubling down on its plan to bring Max (formerly HBO Max) to the UK, despite the challenges posed by the existing licensing deals with Sky.

However, the media giant also hinted at the possibility of maintaining a content partnership with Sky, suggesting that the two companies may explore new collaboration models even after Max’s launch.

Gerhard Zeiler, president of Warner Bros. Discovery International, spoke about the company’s UK strategy at the MoffettNathanson media conference yesterday, as first reported by Deadline.

“We want, we need to, and we will launch Max in these three markets,” Zeiler stated, referring to the UK, Germany, and Italy.

“These are three of the most important markets outside of the US. There is no reason we should not do that. Why should we disadvantage ourselves by not launching Max?”

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/hbo-ma...deal-possible/

TimeLord2018 16-05-2024 15:14

Probably Max possible the ads tier included with Sky Entertainment replacing Discovery+ and integrated into Sky, no need for both.

Probably likely to available via Prime Video Channels looking at France although premium 4K tier at €13.99 not available via Prime for now.
https://www.aboutamazon.eu/news/reta...from-11th-june

Legendkiller2k 16-05-2024 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 (Post 36175167)
Probably Max possible the ads tier included with Sky Entertainment replacing Discovery+ and integrated into Sky, no need for both.

Probably likely to available via Prime Video Channels looking at France although premium 4K tier at €13.99 not available via Prime for now.
https://www.aboutamazon.eu/news/reta...from-11th-june

Prime wouldn't be the only way as people are getting wise to the scam that is prime channels, it is a scam as you need prime in order to add them.
Whereas just subscribing through the networks apps direct doesn't require prime.

TimeLord2018 16-05-2024 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36175202)
Prime wouldn't be the only way as people are getting wise to the scam that is prime channels, it is a scam as you need prime in order to add them.
Whereas just subscribing through the networks apps direct doesn't require prime.

I agree

I wouldn't subscribe to Prime Video Channels if it doesn't have 4K option anyway when it's available directly than the app.

buckeye 18-05-2024 14:28

This is probably too late for many people but a word of warning about tonight's heavyweight boxing PPV,
I went to order tonight's boxing on Sky Box Office but found out you have to be a Sky or Virgin TV customer the event is not available on the online player,
a quick Google search showed its also available on DAZN for £24:95 so I ordered it on there with the added "bonus" of 1 months free access to all of DAZN's non existent content, however once ordered and after checking my account details I find that I will be charged another £24:95 next month and that I have to give 30 days notice to cancel this payment!
However trying to cancel is proving to be somewhat impossible, after rejecting their offer of "only" paying £14:99 a month in exchange for a 12 month contract I am now forced to use their chat service and no-one there is chatting!
Avoid these shysters, I wish Google had shown me TNT is also airing the fight tonight!
Thankfully I used PayPal to pay so if they continue ignoring me I can just cancel the subscription there.

EDIT:
Eventually someone did chat and spent over half an hour ignoring my requests to cancel my account and to not bother with offers I don't want, finally they very kindly allowed me to cancel my account but informed my I'd be subject to an additional fee at the end of my subscription!
After telling them I would open a PayPal dispute and report DAZN to OFCOM they very generously said no additional fees will apply to me!

Mad Max 29-05-2024 17:16

My contract with Virgin expired last month, anyone have any ideas/tips about getting a good deal on a new contract, thanks.

ozsat 29-05-2024 17:21

My tip on getting a good deal is to phone and cancel and sound as if you mean it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36176049)
My contract with Virgin expired last month, anyone have any ideas/tips about getting a good deal on a new contract, thanks.

jfman 29-05-2024 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36176051)
My tip on getting a good deal is to phone and cancel and sound as if you mean it.

I’ve always gone for the finish the call having cancelled approach and wait for a call back or an email.

Mad Max 29-05-2024 18:41

Thanks guys I'll give that a try.