Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Anti-gay adverts pulled from bus campaign by Boris Johnson (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686962)

danielf 19-04-2012 12:07

Re: Anti-gay adverts pulled from bus campaign by Boris Johnson

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35416111)
+ it was illegal here until the late '60's to IIRC.

The video is hilarious if you don't think to hard about it, what with the homosexual/ pedophile confusion and general negative attitude throughout, it's like something Mr Chumney Warner would have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3S24ofEQj4

It was classed as a mental illness by the American Psychiatric Association until 1973.

Alan Fry 19-04-2012 12:16

Its no wonder that Gays act they way they do when they are campaining for civil rights, because they did not like they way they were treated and the way they were hated

martyh 19-04-2012 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35416121)
Its no wonder that Gays act they way they do when they are campaining for civil rights, because they did not like they way they were treated and the way they were hated

and how do gays act Alan ? please be specific

Alan Fry 19-04-2012 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35416123)
and how do gays act Alan ? please be specific

I am talking about why they want to be treated equaly and want civil rights and why they use the methods they have used like outing

martyh 19-04-2012 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35416125)
I am talking about why they want to be treated equaly and want civil rights and why they use the methods they have used like outing

Ok ,lets get one thing straight ,in the uk they are by law treated equaly ,they are not allowed to be discriminated against because of their sexual preferences.

Alan Fry 19-04-2012 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35416130)
Ok ,lets get one thing straight ,in the uk they are by law treated equaly ,they are not allowed to be discriminated against because of their sexual preferences.

This is now that case, but not in the past and certainly not in the 60s

martyh 19-04-2012 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35416133)
This is now that case, but not in the past and certainly not in the 60s

so there is no point in campaigning for civil rights and equality because they already have them in law.Any discrimination they are subject to is unlawfull (and i will admit there is some)and usually done by bigots and people who have no understanding of the subject

Alan Fry 19-04-2012 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35416137)
so there is no point in campaigning for civil rights and equality because they already have them in law.Any discrimination they are subject to is unlawfull (and i will admit there is some)and usually done by bigots and people who have no understanding of the subject

I was talking about campains in the past to bring those laws in and these days to open seperate homophobia with religion

martyh 19-04-2012 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35416141)
I was talking about campains in the past to bring those laws in and these days to open seperate homophobia with religion

I don't think you know what you're talking about so i'm out of here because it's like trying to debate a 3yr old

Alan Fry 19-04-2012 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35416149)
I don't think you know what you're talking about so i'm out of here because it's like trying to debate a 3yr old

I am taling about past and current campains for civil rights for LGBT, now they need to deal with Religion

Hugh 19-04-2012 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35416125)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35416141)

No, you weren't - you were using the present tense, not the past tense.

Alan Fry 19-04-2012 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35416182)
No, you weren't - you were using the present tense, not the past tense.

I was using both :mad:

RichardCoulter 01-05-2012 14:22

Those of you who have been contributing to this thread may find this link interesting (from approx 0.43). It was the first segment of the second part of today's (1 May 2012) ITV1 show "This Morning"after the news:

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=316094