Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

tassiekev 11-05-2015 22:08

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35777313)
In other news, Pope speaks in favour of Catholicism....;)

Good point. Which used to be the largest religion and now......isn't?

muppetman11 13-05-2015 19:09

Could the former Top Gear trio land on Netflix ? House of Cars anyone :D

Link

johnathome 13-05-2015 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35777702)
Could the former Top Gear trio land on Netflix ? House of Cars anyone :D

Link

I thought they were in talks with ITV? Or are they drumming up interest to play one off against the other?

harry_hitch 13-05-2015 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnathome (Post 35777727)
I thought they were in talks with ITV? Or are they drumming up interest to play one off against the other?

The report says Netflix or ITV are the most likely places they will end up. They will probably listen to both companies though. This would be a real coup for Netflix in my eyes - imagine the budget they could have from Netflix.

muppetman11 15-05-2015 16:12

Sky Atlantic sets date for UK premiere of HBO’s True Detective and The Brink

Quote:

As part of the channel’s strategy to bring the most compelling stories exclusively to Sky and NOW TV customers, Sky Atlantic today announce plans to premiere True Detective and The Brink on Monday 22 June, less than 24hrs after their US debut on HBO. Additionally, True Detective will be simulcast alongside the US transmission at 2am.
Link

Mad Max 16-05-2015 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35778085)

Link

More good stuff on Atlantic, think I will seriously be considering quitting VM soon....

theone2k10 16-05-2015 23:10

Plusnet have now launched their tv service notable is no Sky channels at all except for sky store also it'll cost £50 upfront activation fee https://www.plus.net/tv/ it doesn't say cost on the site, they rang me offering it to me i told them no chance for £50 upfront when say in 11 months time i can switch if i choose to sky or talktalk who both give free boxes, they said they'll forward my feedback lol.

harry_hitch 17-05-2015 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35778085)

Link

Cheers MM, desperately looking forward to the new series of True Detective. I do not mind admitting this is the only show on SA I have really enjoyed.

tassiekev 17-05-2015 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry_hitch (Post 35778321)
Cheers MM, desperately looking forward to the new series of True Detective. I do not mind admitting this is the only show on SA I have really enjoyed.

Maybe you should have a look at 'The Jinx' - a 6 hour documentary on a real life murder case (still ongoing). Not as sensational as True Detective but very creepy in its own way. The guy involved is enormously wealthy and about as cold-blooded as they come. Enjoy (or not :))

warrenb 19-05-2015 11:34

To be honest, if NOWTV had SyFy and Watch my virgin TV would be history.

Stuart 19-05-2015 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry_hitch (Post 35777737)
The report says Netflix or ITV are the most likely places they will end up. They will probably listen to both companies though. This would be a real coup for Netflix in my eyes - imagine the budget they could have from Netflix.

I don't think Clarkson, Hammond and May would be a good fit for ITV. They may be too offensive for ITV 1 (which does like to play it safe) and how would it look to advertisers if they said something really offensive about their cars, which, lets face it, is likely if the car is in any way bad? This means they would not work well on any ITV channel, or any channel that relies on advertising for it's income.

johnathome 19-05-2015 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenb (Post 35778766)

NowTV would be better if you could pick, say, 6 channels from a selection of 18 or something.

The only thing i watched on Watch was The Strain so i'm going to have to find other ways to see the 2nd series.

muppetman11 20-05-2015 09:55

Not sure if its all been added yet but 'Entourage' HBO Season 1-8 is available on Now TV which is worth a look for anyone who's not seen it before.

tassiekev 20-05-2015 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenb (Post 35778766)

BT has both of those channels in their Entertainment Plus pack, not 100% certain but think they may also be available in HD for £3pm as part of the 25 premium channels pack.

theone2k10 20-05-2015 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by tassiekev (Post 35779017)
BT has both of those channels in their Entertainment Plus pack, not 100% certain but think they may also be available in HD for £3pm as part of the 25 premium channels pack.

Plusnet also have syfy not sure about watch will update when my box arrives.