Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   General : WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33613781)

wwe 03-01-2012 10:27

Re: WWE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35353891)
Which part of "do not post spoilers" do you not understand?!

For crying out loud, some people :grind:

I'm so sorry I was just to excited
Spoiler: 
Jericho is bk

Russ 03-01-2012 12:53

Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

:banghead:

You've already posted that, so why put it in spoiler tags now??

:erm:

Jameseh 04-01-2012 16:49

To be fair if you've read anything WWE since 'itbegins', er, began, you knew it would be Jericho. But for other things, yeah, spoiler tags are needed.

Russ 04-01-2012 18:56

I think most people knew it would be him but we've said in the past on here to not post spoilers for 24 hours. This time I've added it to the title :)

In any case, I can see a massive heel turn from him and in the coming weeks as well. He didn't say a word when he came out and wwe.com has posted clips of him backstage not saying a word either. This has all the hallmarks of a typical Jericho heel turn.

With a bit of luck we'll see him trying (and failing) to end the streak at WM - he's the only person I can see making it mean anything.

Russ 10-01-2012 12:59

The guy making his debut on Raw last night.......what a disappointment, I HATE his gimmick, been done to death by The Godfather and Dude Love. He's got awesome ring presence so why are they wasting him like that? For a man his size he's pretty agile. Heel turn is needed urgently before he becomes a worthless jobber.

Media Boy UK 10-01-2012 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35358434)
The guy making his debut on Raw last night.......what a disappointment, I HATE his gimmick, been done to death by The Godfather and Dude Love. He's got awesome ring presence so why are they wasting him like that? For a man his size he's pretty agile. Heel turn is needed urgently before he becomes a worthless jobber.

I saw that guy last night and I was thinking of...

(Not Goldust)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0XgL5tY0p4

wwe 10-01-2012 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35358434)

When he came out he reminded me of the godfather with all his girls

wwe 17-01-2012 02:28

Wounder if Jericho going to talk on raw as for the past 2 weeks he just came out and went. If he does that again this week I could see some of the fans boooing him. Well not me I been a Jericho fan since his very 1st day bk in the wwf days.

Jameseh 17-01-2012 04:25

Decent show, I'm still not really hyped for the Rumble (yet) though.

Russ 17-01-2012 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 35363699)
Wounder if Jericho going to talk on raw as for the past 2 weeks he just came out and went. If he does that again this week I could see some of the fans boooing him. Well not me I been a Jericho fan since his very 1st day bk in the wwf days.

The original plan was for him to keep quiet until the Royal Rumble which he would win, then cut a heel promo against CM Punk who he would then face at WM.

adzii_nufc 17-01-2012 14:30

Lost interest in WWE again :( Tired of seeing Cena being hinted towards a heel turn which wont happen when Cena probably beats Kane at the Royal Rumble and becomes Super Kid pleaser once more.

Will watch the Royal Rumble as its probably my favourite match all year. All this Jericho talk and what not has put me off though.

Raw and Smackdown are meaningless shows now just to build hype for a PPV.
Remember the good days of Raw when it seemed like every show was a PPV.

Media Boy UK 17-01-2012 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35364027)
Lost interest in WWE again :( Tired of seeing Cena being hinted towards a heel turn which wont happen when Cena probably beats Kane at the Royal Rumble and becomes Super Kid pleaser once more.

Will watch the Royal Rumble as its probably my favourite match all year. All this Jericho talk and what not has put me off though.

Raw and Smackdown are meaningless shows now just to build hype for a PPV.
Remember the
good days of Raw when it seemed like every show was a PPV.

I think we will see the Raw brand and Smackdown brand being axe in April by the WWE - As they all appear on both on them now.

The WWE was best before 2002 when WCW was still going.

The WWE do not care about the new ECW (Oops I mean TNA).

adzii_nufc 10-02-2012 00:28

So I watched the Rumble and couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome albeit a very poor rumble this time round.

wwe 10-02-2012 23:28

I so wanted y2J 2 win the rumble cart belive shameless won it. The miz and codey rhose did really well

TheDaddy 22-02-2012 02:44

Batista: PG approach has now ruined wrestling for me

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ng-for-me.html

Ruined it for me to...

wwe 12-03-2012 23:56

Does raw start at 1 tonight as on virgin it's saying 1?

adzii_nufc 14-03-2012 12:25

Typically started watching at two and apparently missed an Old School Cena rap. Apart from that I thought the show was as poor as it usually is and The Rock is starting to bore me somewhat, I used to be a big fan of this guy but damn he's lost the majority of his fans, Probably for bringing it Via satellite for so many years.

Russ 14-03-2012 12:41

In all the Cena v Rock spots Cena has out-promo'd Rock each time (even though Rock's promos have been very good) but Rock's performance was stand-out that night and almost out-promo'd Cena but failed when he fluffed his lines during the We Will Rock You part which was a shame. Cena's promo delivery has always been excellent.

wwe 19-03-2012 22:58

Has raw got a new starting time?? As last Monday it was on at 1am - 3 and same again this week. Think it be a lot better at this time

MalteseFalcon 19-03-2012 23:19

I think it will be back to 2am next week, USA seem to start their version of BST ahead of the UK. Not completely sure on that, but it happens every year about this time for a month or so.

Media Boy UK 22-03-2012 14:36

Re: WWE

Ex-WWE Superstar to reappear at Wrestlemania.

Spoiler: 
WWE Superstar Big Daddy V (Nelson Frazier Jr.) has been booked by WWE for Wrestlemania weekend.

The web is reporting that Daniel Bryan is dating an WWE Diva in real-life.

Spoiler: 
He is dating WWE Diva Brie Bella.

Russ 22-03-2012 14:41

A-Train/Albert is returning just after WM too, he's the guy in the Lord Tensai vignettes. He's expected to work a programme with either Cena or Orton.

MalteseFalcon 22-03-2012 15:51

Daniel Bryan dating one of the Bella twins? I hate him.

adzii_nufc 23-03-2012 11:30

A-train :dozey:

It's a shame they'll beef him up like some monster for a few PPV's over Cena then have Cena obliterate him in the 'Final Showdown'

Russ 23-03-2012 11:35

The latest UK talent to get signed to a FCW contract is 24 year old Joel Redman.

Chad 29-03-2012 20:40

Can anyone tell me if this years WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be shown on SKY Sports? I don't really watch the wrestling anymore but the Hall of Fame and The Legends of Wrestling programme that I grab each month from a wrestling torrent site are unmissable. I can't stand this PG era. I'm more a fan of wrestling nostalgia and history more than anything else.

Undertaker will lose his streak this Sunday!

Russ 29-03-2012 21:20

There is no way Taker will lose to HHH. It doesn't make sense and would be bad for business. There is no reason why HHH should end the streak. It would have to be ended by someone needing to establish themselves by making a huge statement. Hunter may have a massive ego but even he can see Taker needs to retire with the streak intact.

gazzae 29-03-2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35406899)
There is no way Taker will lose to HHH. It doesn't make sense and would be bad for business. There is no reason why HHH should end the streak. It would have to be ended by someone needing to establish themselves by making a huge statement. Hunter may have a massive ego but even he can see Taker needs to retire with the streak intact.

If a bookie was taking bets (there is) how much would you put on Taker to win. Draw no bet.

MalteseFalcon 29-03-2012 22:19

As far as I know, Hall of Fame only gets a 1 hour programme on SKY Sports, not the whole thing. Might be a streaming site where you can watch it live.

As far as I'm concerned, this year's class is rubbish. Waiting for Triple H and Undertaker to be inducted, and then I think they should scrap it as there is no-one else worthy of being classed a Hall of Famer.

Media Boy UK 29-03-2012 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35406922)
As far as I know, Hall of Fame only gets a 1 hour programme on SKY Sports, not the whole thing. Might be a streaming site where you can watch it live.

As far as I'm concerned, this year's class is rubbish. Waiting for Triple H and Undertaker to be inducted, and then I think they should scrap it as there is no-one else worthy of being classed a Hall of Famer.

WWE HoF 2012 is only on US Broadcaster NBC for an hour - AFAIK.

Chad 29-03-2012 22:45

Quote:

At 47 years old how many WrestleMania's does The Undertaker have left? If various wrestling forums are to believed the Dead Man is feeling the effects of a long career, finding himself on the shelf for long periods on an almost annual basis. Retirement after WrestleMania is a real possibility.

With it being Hell in a Cell, the match Taker helped to innovate, Shawn Michaels as guest referee, the 3rd time both Taker and HHH have met at WrestleMania and 20-0 on the line there's way too much pointing towards a Taker win. A Taker win at WrestleMania has been a gimme now for about 10 years, but never has the odds of him winning been so clearly stacked in his favour. If this is Takers swansong maybe he chose HHH as the man to finally bury him just like Flair chose Michaels and Michaels chose Taker previously.

adzii_nufc 29-03-2012 22:46

Quote:

The backlash would be pretty big too, Agree with you fully and I'd probably stop watching WWE completely as I've sort of given up with MNR.

Russ 29-03-2012 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35406939)
At 47 years old how many WrestleMania's does The Undertaker have left? If various wrestling forums are to believed the Dead Man is feeling the effects of a long career, finding himself on the shelf for long periods on an almost annual basis. Retirement after WrestleMania is a real possibility.

He only wrestles once a year now. That's why he's lasted so long considering his injuries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35406939)
With it being Hell in a Cell, the match Taker helped to innovate, Shawn Michaels as guest referee, the 3rd time both Taker and HHH have met at WrestleMania and 20-0 on the line there's way too much pointing towards a Taker win. A Taker win at WrestleMania has been a gimme now for about 10 years, but never has the odds of him winning been so clearly stacked in his favour. If this is Takers swansong maybe he chose HHH as the man to finally bury him just like Flair chose Michaels and Michaels chose Taker previously.

It's still not going to happen. It would be a disaster for business to have someone so close to their own in-ring retirement such as HHH to end the streak. It would make no sense.

This is why there will be countless near-falls, both men will get their finishers in (probably several times) and most likely each others' too. But at the end of the match, the streak will remain. If I was a gambling man I'd bet everything I have on it.

Chad 29-03-2012 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35406922)

There is 2 wrestling torrent sites I'll be able to download the show from. Just a little disappointed SKY haven't picked this up.

For me personally there are still a few that deserve to be in the Hall of Fame:

Macho Man Randy Savage
Owen Hart
The Ultimate Warrior (Even though he's a bit of an ass)
The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
Jake The Snake Roberts

If Koko B. Ware and Hacksaw Jim duggan can get into the Hall of Fame, these guys should too. I've always wondered if the WWE would reach out and try to induct Sting. It wouldn't be the first time that someone with no connect to WWE got inducted.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35406947)
He only wrestles once a year now. That's why he's lasted so long considering his injuries.

It's still not going to happen. It would be a disaster for business to have someone so close to their own in-ring retirement such as HHH to end the streak. It would make no sense.

This is why there will be countless near-falls, both men will get their finishers in (probably several times) and most likely each others' too. But at the end of the match, the streak will remain. If I was a gambling man I'd bet everything I have on it.

I totally understand your view on this. It's maybe just really good marketing by WWE to get guys like myself to buy the PPV thinking HHH is bound to win, and I need to see it live:D

It's going to be an epic match. Does anyone else think Shawn will inevitably "turn" on Taker at some point in the match? I've caught some of the promos between HBK and HHH in recent weeks and feel like I've seen it all before.

Russ 29-03-2012 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35406951)
There is 2 wrestling torrent sites I'll be able to download the show from. Just a little disappointed SKY haven't picked this up.

For me personally there are still a few that deserve to be in the Hall of Fame:

Macho Man Randy Savage
Owen Hart
The Ultimate Warrior (Even though he's a bit of an ass)
The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
Jake The Snake Roberts

If Koko B. Ware and Hacksaw Jim duggan can get into the Hall of Fame, these guys should too. I've always wondered if the WWE would reach out and try to induct Sting. It wouldn't be the first time that someone with no connect to WWE got inducted.

While I agree with some of those, usually the reason some wrestlers you think ought to be first in line for a HoF spot aren't in there yet is due to money.

Owen will never get in as his wife won't allow it. Warrior wants Vince to bring out a DVD debunking the Self Destruction thing before he'll even consider doing anything connected with WWE.

Jake has too much substance and alcohol abuse history at the moment.

Although, some might say the one man who should be ahead of the queue of all those wears a bandana and considers himself a Real American...

Chad 29-03-2012 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35406957)
While I agree with some of those, usually the reason some wrestlers you think ought to be first in line for a HoF spot aren't in there yet is due to money.

Owen will never get in as his wife won't allow it. Warrior wants Vince to bring out a DVD debunking the Self Destruction thing before he'll even consider doing anything connected with WWE.

Jake has too much substance and alcohol abuse history at the moment.

Although, some might say the one man who should be ahead of the queue of all those wears a bandana and considers himself a Real American...

Some of the politics in wrestling is just crazy. It's good to see TNA and WWE agreeing an arrangement to allow Flair to join the Horsemen for this years induction. Will this be the first time that a wrestler, contracted to a rival wrestling company, has legitimately appeared as part of a WWE broadcast?

wwe 29-03-2012 23:39

I think undertaker will win. Would had liked him to be fighting some 1 else as we seen these 2 fight last year. Which was a really good . I wish it was the rock vs undertaker now that be a match

Russ 29-03-2012 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35406964)
Some of the politics in wrestling is just crazy. It's good to see TNA and WWE agreeing an arrangement to allow Flair to join the Horsemen for this years induction. Will this be the first time that a wrestler, contracted to a rival wrestling company, has legitimately appeared as part of a WWE broadcast?

I think the closest they came was when DX invaded WCW.

Chad 30-03-2012 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 35406965)
I think undertaker will win. Would had liked him to be fighting some 1 else as we seen these 2 fight last year. Which was a really good . I wish it was the rock vs undertaker now that be a match

The Rock Vs. The Undertaker would be great, but I don't think The Rock could pull off a gimmick match like Hell in a Cell and I don't think The Undertaker could last a 30 minute match without stipulations. Hell in a Cell is perfect for Taker as it gives him the chance to take plenty of breathers between either himself or HHH taking bumps.

Steve Austin has hinted before that he might have one last match in him. I'd love to see Austin Vs. The Rock for one last time, if Austin could perform.

---------- Post added 30-03-2012 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 29-03-2012 at 23:54 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35406970)
I think the closest they came was when DX invaded WCW.

That was classic TV. I remember watching the Raw broadcast and having goosebumps. I miss The Monday Night Wars. For me one of the best periods for wrestling. I used to get so excited seeing WWE guys turning up on WCW and visa versa at the end of their contracts. The Monday Night Wars documentary is a great watch.

Oh just remembered this one. How crazy was the gimmick TNA ran about 5 years ago with The Road Dogg and Billy Gunn calling out HBK and HHH? They went to the WWE headquarters and even offered $1 million for DX to turn up on a TNA broadcast. Billy Gunn talks about it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assBq83r3sY

wwe 30-03-2012 00:38

The rock vs Austin that would be great. Austin has kept hinting at 1 more match but when Who knows. Mick folley has also hinted at a match as well

Chad 30-03-2012 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 35406981)
The rock vs Austin that would be great. Austin has kept hinting at 1 more match but when Who knows. Mick folley has also hinted at a match as well

Mick Folley, another favourite of mine. The fall from the top of the Hell in a Cell will forever be in my top 5 WWE moments. His autobiography is a fantastic read if you've never read it. Sadly I don't think Folley fits in with the PG era of today.

Mick Folley is another guy I'd like to see in the Hall of Fame. He's been wrestling for almost 30 years, all around the world, and has worked for all 4 major companies being WCW, ECW, WWE and TNA.

Russ 30-03-2012 06:33

In all honesty I would hate to see Foley wrestle again. Yes he's given us some classic matches in the past but he is so over-the-hill now it's embarrassing.

His performance at the Royal Rumble was tragic. His punches looked awful, he could barely move and looked like a fish out of water. That's not how I want to remember Foley. I want have my memories of him to be of his Hardcore Legend days, not the past-his-prime version of today.

But I do agree with him being a HoF'er. JBL is another one for me, he was one of the best and most believable heels I can remember.

MalteseFalcon 30-03-2012 06:36

Re: Sting being inducted. It was either last year or the year before they tried signing Sting for a month or two so he would be a WWE person and Vince was going to induct him to the HoF. Sting was going to sign, but then did a 180 and signed a new deal with TNA.

I saw a link to an article elsewhere that says that TNA are having money issues, and could be forced to release people to save wages. Whilst not a massive fan of TNA, they do have some good wrestlers there. Although dumping the 6 sided ring was a mistake imo as it was their USP. Now they are just another American wrestling company.

Russ 30-03-2012 23:12

Word is doing the rounds that WWE have flown Batista in to Miami today. No word on whether he'll be part of WM but that would be interesting seeing as he's said he hates their PG product.

Brock Lesnar is also in last-minute talks to appear. If he can work off his ring-rust I can see him against the Rock at a future PPV.

MalteseFalcon 31-03-2012 07:37

I thought the big fight in WWE for a Lesnar comeback was going to be against Taker. Both men have said they want to fight each other at a future WM, so that would more likely for me than Lesnar v Rock.

For next year's WM, I call Rock v Stone Cold Steve Austin. Both want to do it, fans would love to do it, and it would put the buy rate in America, never mind the world, sky high. I might even consider paying for it if they do face each other next year.

Russ 31-03-2012 19:49

Stone Cold has said if he has one last match it should be against CM Punk. I'd prefer that - Austin V Rock has already been done.

Russ 01-04-2012 20:13

OK people, heads up on WM tonight - absolutely no spoilers for at least 24 hours no matter how 'excited' you get during the show.

wwe 01-04-2012 20:54

What happened to Smackdown last night it said it was on about 3 so I v+ it gone to watch it today and some how WWe late night Smackdown has turned into WWe superstar. Plus it's not on tuesday so cart watch this weeks :(

Chad 02-04-2012 14:38

Hall Of Fame 2012 is on SKY Sports 3 tonight at 10:00pm

MalteseFalcon 03-04-2012 10:37

Are we OK to talk about WrestleMania now? I won't say anything if we are not yet clear, but I was a bit meh about some of the results.

Russ 03-04-2012 10:42

I've not seen it yet so I'll be keeping out of this thread until tonight, but yes, we're outside of the 24 hour period, fill yer boots :)

MalteseFalcon 03-04-2012 10:54

Cool.

Sheamus beating Bryan. Waste of a match, waste of Daniel Bryan. Sheamus as champion again, YAWN!

Orton v Kane, another meh match. Don't rate either man so...

Big Show, nice to see him beating Rhodes. Hopefully he will have a long reign as IC champion.

Divas match, big bore. Only the fact that I have a MASSIVE crush on Maria Menounos made me watch it.

Undertaker v Triple H was a great match, certainly one to rival the Taker v Michaels match from a couple of years back. Once these 2 retire, there will be no more of these wrestlers who can do great matches. Taker's policy of doing one match a year seems to be working, he looks in better shape for it than when he was doing a fairly regular schedule. Wish he would bring wifey along with him though, I also had a massive crush on Michelle McCool.

Team Johnny winning was not a massive shock, but he is such a douchebag that it kills both shows to have him in charge. Hope Teddy gets a decent job in WWE though.

CM Punk beating Jericho, excellent. Never really liked Jericho, so pleased Punk won.

And Cena getting beat by Rock was the highlgiht of the whole PPV. I was expecting Cena to win, and was very pleased when Rock won instead.

Because of 2 or 3 good matches, I give this PPV a rating of ***/*****

wwe 03-04-2012 21:57

I thought the 1st match for the world heavy weight title was a waste of time comes in kicks Daniels head in and over. This is Wrestlemania the biggest ppv and they make it last 8 seconds.

MalteseFalcon 04-04-2012 10:25

Officially according to Wikipedia it lasted 18 seconds the match. To be honest though, I didn't hear the bell ring to start the match so was it really an official match? Maybe that is what they are going for on SmackDown this week, match not officially started so title not changed hands and they have another match at the next PPV.

Russ 04-04-2012 11:38

Sources are saying they're giving Sheamus a long title run. Nothing against that but an awful way to kick it off. Loving how 'Yes!' has become the new 'what?' overnight.

Media Boy UK 04-04-2012 12:29

I only buy WM28 due to the Rock being on it (Big Fan of him)

I think the Undertaker is now an joke - I mean he is turning in to the Undertaker of 2003 and only working on WM nights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvoUFhT4IBM&feature=fvst

Russ 04-04-2012 12:44

He's been only working Mania for several years now, that's why he's lasted so long.

wwe 04-04-2012 18:13

Will we even see undertaker again now or will we have to wait for another year?

TheDon 04-04-2012 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35409532)
Sources are saying they're giving Sheamus a long title run. Nothing against that but an awful way to kick it off. Loving how 'Yes!' has become the new 'what?' overnight.

I don't think it'll happen, even if that's currently the plan.

Sheamus is a bland vanilla face who doesn't have the ability on mic to go off script to the level that he'll need to deal with the crowd if the level of heat he's currently getting keeps up.

He showed it on Raw, complete inability to deal with what was happening, and because of it they rushed Del Rio out before Sheamus really had time to say anything.

The best thing they can do now is a double turn, but this is WWE, so they won't, they'll just try to bury Bryan even harder for daring to get over, just like they did with Ryder.

Russ 04-04-2012 21:52

Don't forget he's HHH's pet.

I think the crowd took him by surprise as he wasn't expecting a heel reaction. I think if they let him develop a bit of a Randy Orton-esque 'dark' side he'll get over much better. Trouble is the audience will take it out on him that D-Bry got screwed over in 18 seconds when it wasn't his fault.

MalteseFalcon 04-04-2012 22:25

Former WWE star Kamala is having a third amputation operation today. Caused by high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.

He's had the left ankle amputated then had to have the rest amputated. He is now having his right foot (if I remember right) amputated. Shame to see that happen.

Other WWE news:

WM 28 got 1.9m buys, WWE were targeting 1.5m buys. Rock and Lesnar have both signed 1 year deals with WWE, so a Rock v Lesnar match at WM 29?

Main events for the Extreme Rules PPV on April 29 are: Punk v Cena for WWE Title and Orton v Kane in a Steel Cage Match.

Evan Bourne's career could be over after a car accident in which he broke the foot in 4 places and dislocated in 5 places. Sounds painful. Evan of course has had 2 suspension for violating the wellness policy so this could be the start of a third violation as other WWE stars used painkillers and steroids to function in the ring.

wwe 04-04-2012 23:40

That's great news the rock signed a 1 year contract. I thought he was just back for the match with cena then he was off again. It's great to see Brock leaner back didn't think he would come back as last I heard he was in UFC and doing really well.

TheDon 05-04-2012 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35409875)
WM 28 got 1.9m buys

That figure is unconfirmed and highly speculative. There's no way there are accurate figures this soon, and the person who reported it, wouldn't have access to them.

I'd be VERY surprised if it did 1.9m buys.

Media Boy UK 10-04-2012 18:50

WWE Smackdown is LIVE tonight at 1am on Sky Sports 3.

---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

I think the WWE is not happy with Brock after what he did with John Cena on WWE Raw last night. With the WWE being PG.

Russ 10-04-2012 21:32

It was an accident, and he's been throwing real punches for 5 years.

In other news, the Bellas are leaving at the end of the month.

TheDon 10-04-2012 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35412335)
I think the WWE is not happy with Brock after what he did with John Cena on WWE Raw last night. With the WWE being PG.

They were happy enough for HHH to be busted open "the hard way" during wrestlemania.

Russ 10-04-2012 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 35412446)
They were happy enough for HHH to be busted open "the hard way" during wrestlemania.

The rules are different for PPVs apparently. Although they try to keep the product PG, a child is unlikely to just 'stumble' upon a PPV as they need to enter a PIN.

RAW is different - a bit of channel surfing could land anyone on to the show.

MalteseFalcon 10-04-2012 22:22

WHAT????? Bella twins leaving WWE? No way, please no. That better be a late April Fools joke please.

Russ 10-04-2012 22:24

Straight up. Their contract finishes on the 30th and they've chosen to walk away.

MalteseFalcon 11-04-2012 00:17

Oh blast. Think I should stop having favourite Divas in WWE. Every time I get behind a Diva they end up leaving WWE in some way.

Actually, think I will get behind Eve and maybe Beth Phoenix as well. They can leave.

Media Boy UK 11-04-2012 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35412434)
In other news, the Bellas are leaving at the end of the month.

I think the following Superstars maybe axe from WWE this year...

Alex Riley
Evan Bourne
JTG
Mason Ryan
Michael McGillicutty
Vickie Guerrero (I wish)
Drew McIntyre
Ezekiel Jackson
The Great Khali
Heath Slater
Jinder Mahal
Johnny Curtis
Trent Barreta
Yoshi Tatsu
Aksana
Kaitlyn
Curt Hawkins
Tyler Reks

MalteseFalcon 11-04-2012 11:01

I would love it if Vickie got fired, but she draws some serious heat so doubt she will get axed. Most of that list though could go. Khali is apparently leaving because he wants to focus on his acting career in India.

Alex Riley was good to start with when he was with Miz but since then he has been not used in a good way. Waste of a talent that is.

Russ 11-04-2012 11:02

I can't see Drew being released. Apparently Vince has big plans for him and he reminds me of HHH when he started in WWE.

I'm hoping Mason Ryan doesn't go either. Not just because he's teaching the Yanks something about Wales...OK maybe that's the reason.

Media Boy UK 11-04-2012 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35412601)
I can't see Drew being released. Apparently Vince has big plans for him and he reminds me of HHH when he started in WWE.

I'm hoping Mason Ryan doesn't go either. Not just because he's teaching the Yanks something about Wales...OK maybe that's the reason.

Maybe Drew can team up with Curt Hawkins and AJ to become the DX of 2012?

I think Curt Hawkins look like the 1992 HBK.

HBK 1992: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfI5cAaO89Y
Curt Hawkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-Z-lekXgY

Media Boy UK 11-04-2012 13:28

Telly-tv.com is reporting that WWE Draft 2012 will happen on April 23rd 2012.

http://www.telly-tv.com/general-wres...rd-2012-a.html

TheDaddy 12-04-2012 00:02

Cant see Curt Hawkins being released...

wwe 16-04-2012 02:00

Think regal will be retiring soon. He gave a speech last night in Manchester after his match. Saying how he going to be 44 in a couple of weeks and that's why u only see him in the ring now and again. He said he wants to make his wrestling career to 30 years.

MalteseFalcon 16-04-2012 07:21

Yeah I thought last year he said he was going to be retiring from wrestling in the ring but that WWE had told him he had a job for as long as he wanted one with WWE.

I like Regal on NXT, makes it almost bearable to watch. How much longer are they going to run this Redemption season of NXT?

Russ 16-04-2012 07:37

I can see Regal doing what Finlay did, 95% of the time be a trainer and road agent but wrestling now and then if needed to get someone over. Vince can't afford to lose a man with his skills.

TheDon 16-04-2012 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35412600)
Alex Riley was good to start with when he was with Miz but since then he has been not used in a good way. Waste of a talent that is.

You're joking right?
Riley has never been good. He got decent pops for his face turn against miz, but solely because it was against miz. Could have been me in the ring and I'd have got the same reaction.

His wrestling skills have always been lacking. He's green as hell, constantly forgets what he should be doing, and is dangerous to work with.

Him sandbagging swagger for a powerbomb will always stand out as why Riley shouldn't be anywhere near a WWE ring.

Media Boy UK 16-05-2012 13:19

I think this will happen this Sunday at WWE Over the Limit

Spoiler: 
Brock Lesnar OR Big Show OR an new Superstar/Diva will come out and help John Laurinaitis beat John Cena.

Russ 16-05-2012 13:25

Spoiler tags are only required after the event....

It won't be Lesnar as he's finished with Cena. His next programme is with HHH so it wouldn't make sense.

I can't see Show doing Johnny any favours after the last Raw although there's a slight chance they'd have him doing 'anything to keep his job' sort of thing.

In any case the Board of Directors said on Raw if anyone interferes with the match they'll be 'future endeavoured'.

Russ 18-05-2012 08:43

From July, RAW will be going to 3 hours. The first hour will have very little wrestling itself and will be more based on fan interaction so expect Twitter-based votes for stipulations etc.

TheDon 18-05-2012 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35428752)
Spoiler tags are only required after the event....

It won't be Lesnar as he's finished with Cena. His next programme is with HHH so it wouldn't make sense.

I can't see Show doing Johnny any favours after the last Raw although there's a slight chance they'd have him doing 'anything to keep his job' sort of thing.

In any case the Board of Directors said on Raw if anyone interferes with the match they'll be 'future endeavoured'.

Big Show has been future endeavoured.

The board said if any superstar or diva interferes, at this moment in time Big Show is not a superstar.

I think from the stipulation (why qualify it as superstar or diva, why not just anyone? hell michael cole could interfere and keep his job) it's pretty obvious he'll be interfering in an attempt to get his job back.

Although this is the WWE where they love to throw in random swerves when speculation is bang on with what they're going to do (Sheamus only won the rumble because the internet guessed Jericho would), so we'll probably see Johnny Ace beating Cena clean in a 5 star clinic (which would take Johnny up to 3 5 star matches! I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned that he already has two to his name, but then, they're not real big Dave Meltzer fans in the WWE)

adzii_nufc 19-05-2012 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 35430039)
Big Show has been future endeavoured.

The board said if any superstar or diva interferes, at this moment in time Big Show is not a superstar.

I think from the stipulation (why qualify it as superstar or diva, why not just anyone? hell michael cole could interfere and keep his job) it's pretty obvious he'll be interfering in an attempt to get his job back.

Although this is the WWE where they love to throw in random swerves when speculation is bang on with what they're going to do (Sheamus only won the rumble because the internet guessed Jericho would), so we'll probably see Johnny Ace beating Cena clean in a 5 star clinic (which would take Johnny up to 3 5 star matches! I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned that he already has two to his name, but then, they're not real big Dave Meltzer fans in the WWE)

Seems likely and would allow a Show heel turn.

Russ 26-05-2012 07:36

I'm not sure I understand peoples' reactions to Jericho's suspension. Yes he's a heel (and a great one at that) and it's his job to get fans to hate him to the point they'll happily pay money to watch him get beaten up. But what he did was a crime in the country he was in at the time. I don't know whether part of the reactionary outrage is American fans thinking that American laws should supersede those of the country they're in but Jericho broke Brazilian law. It doesn't matter if the rest of the world thinks that to stamp on a flag is acceptable - it isn't in Brazil.

His suspension is clearly damage limitation as WWE wants to build good relations in South American countries so you can see why they went along with it. And this suspension won't harm Jericho one bit.

adzii_nufc 26-05-2012 18:15

From what I've heard before the match he came out of character and apologised.

TheDon 26-05-2012 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35433012)
I'm not sure I understand peoples' reactions to Jericho's suspension. Yes he's a heel (and a great one at that) and it's his job to get fans to hate him to the point they'll happily pay money to watch him get beaten up. But what he did was a crime in the country he was in at the time. I don't know whether part of the reactionary outrage is American fans thinking that American laws should supersede those of the country they're in but Jericho broke Brazilian law. It doesn't matter if the rest of the world thinks that to stamp on a flag is acceptable - it isn't in Brazil.

His suspension is clearly damage limitation as WWE wants to build good relations in South American countries so you can see why they went along with it. And this suspension won't harm Jericho one bit.

Whilst it's something that was pretty stupid to do, it's a spot that's been done countless times in countless countries, I can understand why he'd just assume it'd be ok, after all heels have been doing the same thing for decades. It's probably pretty easy to not think too much about the legalities of it when you're used to the fact it's cheap easy heat.

Some of the blame has to also lie with Punk for bringing the flag into the situation in the first place, it's pretty obvious what the heel response to a face parading around with the local flag to get cheap pops is.

Plus, R Truth broke English law during the UK tour last year by smoking indoors. He wasn't suspended (Despite crowd chants of "that's illegal").

Russ 27-05-2012 06:27

Yes but the police didn't get involved with Truth and neither were his actions against the country.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Jericho's actions were perfect heel material - few guys get heat as naturally as he does - but he broke the law, specifically one that insults the country. WWE had to act.

It's like when JBL did the Nazi thing a few years back but the difference was WWE was already established in Germany at the time. Plus I don't recall the police at the venue threatening to walk to the ring and arrest him.

Jericho broke the law in a country WWE was new to - at the very least, political correctness saw they had to take action. Do I agree with it? Of course not. But I see why they did it.

wwe 31-05-2012 00:30

WWe.com have said randy orton has been suspended for 60 days

wwe 18-06-2012 01:21

Any news when chris Jericho And Brock lesnar are going to be back?

Russ 18-06-2012 08:49

Lesnar is anyone's guess and Jericho was suspended for 30 days on May 24th.

MalteseFalcon 18-06-2012 10:19

Rumours are that there will be a Lesnar v HHH match next PPV, maybe feud until SummerSlam. How true that is, who knows.

Russ 18-06-2012 19:21

I won't give anything away but that matter was 'addressed' in some shape at No Way Out.

Not the best PPV they've done, the Tuxedo match and Diva's title were snorefests. Awful to have them on the show. I also skipped through most of the fatal 4-way tag.

Best match of course was Punk/Bryan/Kane with a great "this is wrestling" chant midway. Curious ending there too, this is clearly not over.

IC Title was also very good.

Main event, Show vs Cena. Not too bad, both have had worse matches. Ending played out the right way too. Looking forward to Raw tonight as a result.

MalteseFalcon 18-06-2012 23:58

Apparently, tonight on RAW, Lesnar and his camp will accept the challenge laid down by Triple H for a match at SummerSlam. Hope this happens, massive HHH fan and not enough of him on TV anymore.

wwe 23-07-2012 20:09

Tonight's the night the 1000th episode from what they saying on twitter they going to be a new logo is that true?

Russ 23-07-2012 20:11

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wp...wrawlogo/1.jpg

Looks like something from the early 80s :erm:

Central 23-07-2012 21:55

Cant wait for this tonight. So many old faces.

Russ 23-07-2012 22:05

Indeed. I've not looked forward to an episode of Raw so much for a very long time.

Russ 24-07-2012 09:27

Just watching it now. Opening 10 minutes were incredible. Not giving anything away but the whole AJ situation just dragged the show down. On with the next 2 hours....