Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What are you watching right now? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33691054)

denphone 27-06-2020 21:21

Re: What are you watching right now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36041483)
we shall agree to disagree because you and I are polar opposites. I think Dr Who is an absolute disgrace and should be banned from tv.

What all those classic old episodes with some of the best doctors in the series.;)

Mr K 27-06-2020 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36041483)
we shall agree to disagree because you and I are polar opposites. I think Dr Who is an absolute disgrace and should be banned from tv.

Controversial ! But as I said, it's good to have a choice. DW attracts higher and wider audiences than 'pure evangelical scifi'. However, will seek out The Expanse and give it a go.

cimt 27-06-2020 21:55

The Expanse is excellent but I didn't like the current season as much as previous ones. It wasn't bad but something just didn't click with me as much.

General Maximus 27-06-2020 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36041486)
What all those classic old episodes with some of the best doctors in the series.;)

the originals were ok and in keeping with the production quality at the time. The modern ones though are just a poor excuse to be cheap and what I class as peasant tv. The production quality is awful and the kind of thing I would do if I was an amateur tv producer trying to make my first tv series in my garage.

SnoopZ 28-06-2020 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36041504)
the originals were ok and in keeping with the production quality at the time. The modern ones though are just a poor excuse to be cheap and what I class as peasant tv. The production quality is awful and the kind of thing I would do if I was an amateur tv producer trying to make my first tv series in my garage.

I guess you don't like Doctor Who then! Lol

Maybe it's just a case you prefer less tongue in cheek syfi? Which brings me to Star Girl, I'm willing to bet you don't like that too as it isn't serious enough for you.

But you know everyone has their own tastes, just like people watch that EastEnders and Coronation Street rubbish. :D

General Maximus 28-06-2020 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36041512)
Maybe it's just a case you prefer less tongue in cheek syfi?

yup. Stuff like BSG, Expanse, Star Trek, GoT and those kind of series are what I like it. Proper serious stuff with strong stories and characters which you can really get in to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36041512)
Which brings me to Star Girl, I'm willing to bet you don't like that too as it isn't serious enough for you.

Stargirl is at my absolute limit. The bad guys are too cheesy and Pat and the black girl do my head in. The only thing which is keeping it going for me atm is Stargirl, I think she is great. I don't know whether it is the character or the actress which is doing it. I like cat girl as well. I was ready to drop it after ep 2 if it was just going to be Stargirl and Pat every episode but now that they are introducing more characters it means the annoying people get less screen time.

progers 28-06-2020 12:55

Only Fools & Horses on Gold, hilarious

cimt 28-06-2020 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36041524)
yup. Stuff like BSG, Expanse, Star Trek, GoT and those kind of series are what I like it. Proper serious stuff with strong stories and characters which you can really get in to.

Stargirl is at my absolute limit. The bad guys are too cheesy and Pat and the black girl do my head in. The only thing which is keeping it going for me atm is Stargirl, I think she is great. I don't know whether it is the character or the actress which is doing it. I like cat girl as well. I was ready to drop it after ep 2 if it was just going to be Stargirl and Pat every episode but now that they are introducing more characters it means the annoying people get less screen time.

Be interesting to hear what you think of Doom Patrol then? It's a super weird show. I'm enjoying it based on what I have seen so far. I enjoy my realistic shows that are serious but then I do also love the crazy stuff that likes to go OTT.

nashville 28-06-2020 18:45

Watching Holby City

General Maximus 28-06-2020 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36041532)
Be interesting to hear what you think of Doom Patrol then?.

can't stand it

denphone 28-06-2020 19:18

FA Cup football.

Hugh 28-06-2020 23:14

Bowie at Glastonbury - epic.

Saw him, ‘78 in West Berlin, ‘87 on the Glass Spider tour Manchester, ‘89 Tin Machine Bradford, ‘90 Sound and Vision tour London Docklands.

Love Bowie, but honestly, we queued overnight in pouring rain for the Tin Machine tickets, and that was more enjoyable than the actual concert.

Luckily, saw him on tour the following year, and faith was restored.

denphone 29-06-2020 05:26

A true music legend Hugh as that label is used far too much imo but he deserves that label fully as he is one of the influencial musicians of the 20th century.

SnoopZ 29-06-2020 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36041454)
Finally got back into binge watching The Expanse in UHD and enjoying it so far.

I can't stop watching this, I am managing around 3-4 episodes in an evening and get annoyed when I have to stop for sleep!

cimt 29-06-2020 23:39

Don't sleep then. Sleep is for the weak.