Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33607712)

snazzy 14-01-2008 15:30

Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I would strongly advise that you write a letter stating the above. Try to tone it down a wee bit, and await a phone call. I found this to be much better than talking to them if it involves the Indian call centre.

It may take two weeks before they call, but will be better all round. Seeing as you have several packages, have you tried going through retentions? I find they are a bit more useful.

Mikey845 09-02-2008 21:13

Well VM has be ok with me when I can actually get hold of them, which is about a quarter of the time....
Pretty much every email I send doesn't get a reply and hours of waiting on the phone to then be cut off before I get to speak to anyone!
My panties have been pulled down and I've been bent over a barrel :2up:

lsproc 24-02-2008 09:52

I called recently about being unable to access the internet. The guy on the phone told me that there was an outage (that wasnt on service status). Well done, you made it very quick and easy :D

Now will I get my 50p back...;)

smeagoly1 26-02-2008 09:11

Been hit and miss, while it was telewest I had 100% positive experiences with tech and help desks. Since the rebrand, not so. I have been with Telewest/VM for 8-10 years.
Several issues, mainly covered in lots of other threads by people regarding overseas tech support.

The main gripe I have now, due to a forced flat move I phone up asking what was involved as the new flat will not have cable access. Quite offhand was told "well you will owe us £240" No offer of what non cable packages could be on offer. As you can understand this put me out quite a bit.
A week or so later after looking at various adsl packages and checking my new flats conections, I phon up sales again. This time quite a different person with a very helpfull attitude. In a nutshell She said "well if you do stay with virgin , you will just get a new 1 year adsl contract, as long as you have a BT line installed and don't have to pay off the remainder of my BB XL and TV cablepackages" happier bunny i felt then.

So it's just working out the better adsl package to go for. Especially as the BT line just needs activated and no install fee.
It's just a pitty my first call left a sour feeling with me.

webcrawler2050 26-02-2008 11:38

So far so good.

We have been on and off with them for a few years, we started years ago - when they where Diamond Cable then to NTL which was shocking, went to ADSL and boy did I regret that. no back with VM and pretty happy - allthough kept my telly with Sky. Just because I like it! :)

Going to be puting it to some tests later on this evening, once ive got the LAN setup :)

frogstamper 03-03-2008 02:53

Generally my Virgin services [bb-tv-phone] run pretty smoothly, but I dread having to call customer support and being put through to the Indian sub-continent, although on the whole the people are polite its just the language barrier, I'm forever saying "can you repeat that please", sometimes its so bad I have hung up and redialled in the hope of getting somebody easier to understand, thank god 150 is still free!!

Hating_waiting 05-04-2008 16:40

I had my Virgin Media services installed a year ago. Broadband, television and phone line.
At the begining of February 2008, some builders cut through the cable that feeds my house causing me to lose all my services.
I informed Virgin Media of this the day it happened but as yet I am still waiting for my services to be reconnected. I have been without services now for over NINE WEEKS!!
I have so far called customer services 24 times. No one can tell me when the problem will be fixed as they say it is a construction issue, however, they have still sent me 6 install technicians that are powerless to help me as my services are installed already.
I have been given 5 different dates for when customer services 'think' it 'may' be fixed but so far it has not happened.
In the mean time I have been sent threatening bills, made up mostly of ADVANCE charges!
I have spent so much time, and money (mobile phone credit) trying to get some sort of answer and explination from these people. I have now started emailing them aswell. I sent my first email on the 30th March, and, despite being sent a reply saying they will look into my complaint and get back to me within 48 hours I have heard nothing. I have just sent my second email today, 5th April. So we will see what happens next!

Hate to Wait? Ha thats a laugh!

frogstamper 05-04-2008 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hating_waiting (Post 34521588)
I had my Virgin Media services installed a year ago. Broadband, television and phone line.
At the begining of February 2008, some builders cut through the cable that feeds my house causing me to lose all my services.
I informed Virgin Media of this the day it happened but as yet I am still waiting for my services to be reconnected. I have been without services now for over NINE WEEKS!!
I have so far called customer services 24 times. No one can tell me when the problem will be fixed as they say it is a construction issue, however, they have still sent me 6 install technicians that are powerless to help me as my services are installed already.
I have been given 5 different dates for when customer services 'think' it 'may' be fixed but so far it has not happened.
In the mean time I have been sent threatening bills, made up mostly of ADVANCE charges!
I have spent so much time, and money (mobile phone credit) trying to get some sort of answer and explination from these people. I have now started emailing them aswell. I sent my first email on the 30th March, and, despite being sent a reply saying they will look into my complaint and get back to me within 48 hours I have heard nothing. I have just sent my second email today, 5th April. So we will see what happens next!

Hate to Wait? Ha thats a laugh!

Welcome to CF hating_waiting, great name by the way, this is truly ridiculous 9 weeks waiting for what should be a relatively simple repair. When you say the builders cut through your cable I take it you mean in your driveway, because I seem to remember that the customer is liable for the repair IF the cable is buried at the correct depth, below 6 inches. A similar thing happened to me about 5 years ago, the drive was being re-tarmacked and Id told the builders about the cable and where it was and that it should be at least 6 inches down. Anyway surprise, surprise it was about 2 inches down and they went straight through it, it was only because my sister worked at VM, of course then Cable and Wireless, that I was aware of the depth issue and it was repaired within the week.
Obviously I don't know if this applies in your case but if it does its certainly worth mentioning. Even so the nine week wait is intolerable, it might be worth sending VM a letter saying you expect to be reconnected within a reasonable time, eg two weeks, or you will be terminating your contract, surly they cant expect you to continue paying for a service you do not receive. Anyway best of luck.

Hating_waiting 07-04-2008 16:44

Hi frogstamper!

The cable that was cut is in the middle of the road and was cut by contracters laying cables for some new flats. As I liveon a very busy main road the 'repull' as VM keep calling it has to be done in the middle of the night. They know this but still send me install tech guys, that I have to wait in for!
I have just emailed the complaints department again cause despite saying they will get back to me within 48 hours I am STILL WAITING!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

c_owl 07-04-2008 19:21

had a problem with my broadband 2 months ago, they replaced my box and gave me 1 month free. and i only wanted faster broadband

chickendippers 07-04-2008 20:10

@ Hating_waiting, you might have more luck posting on the support Newsgroup: http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/

I don't bother phoning any more, I just post there.

Hating_waiting 07-04-2008 20:54

Thanks for that! I will try, just called VM though, was told that customer complaints may take a while to reply as they are 'Very busy' Ha! hardly suprising really!

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Chickendippers!

App VM Newsgroup is only availiable to VM customers, I can't connect to the internet through VM until they fix it. You could post for me if you think it will get me any where!?

lostandconfused 08-04-2008 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hating_waiting (Post 34523006)
Hi frogstamper!

The cable that was cut is in the middle of the road and was cut by contracters laying cables for some new flats. As I liveon a very busy main road the 'repull' as VM keep calling it has to be done in the middle of the night. They know this but still send me install tech guys, that I have to wait in for!
I have just emailed the complaints department again cause despite saying they will get back to me within 48 hours I am STILL WAITING!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

They shouldnt have bothered sending out install techs, but if the cable that has been cut is in the middle of a busy road that does explain why it has taken so long.

Firstly construction needs to be booked, as VM dont install new cables anymore they are a fairly small dept.

Also permision needs to be granted by the council to dig up a road, especially if its a busy main road. Emergency work such as water, gas etc gets the priority whereas cable TV is seen as a luxury so takes a back burner and councils tend to drag their feet in granting permission.

Hating_waiting 08-04-2008 13:02

Your right, but I was told that permission had been given two weeks after the cable got cut, VM did not tell the construction team about the work because of 'human error' apparently! My main gripe is that I have had no information from VM as to what is going on. I have had to phone and email them. The only correspondence I have had is a threatening bill!

frogstamper 08-04-2008 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostandconfused (Post 34523409)
They shouldnt have bothered sending out install techs, but if the cable that has been cut is in the middle of a busy road that does explain why it has taken so long.

Firstly construction needs to be booked, as VM dont install new cables anymore they are a fairly small dept.

Also permision needs to be granted by the council to dig up a road, especially if its a busy main road. Emergency work such as water, gas etc gets the priority whereas cable TV is seen as a luxury so takes a back burner and councils tend to drag their feet in granting permission.

Lostandconfused if I could just pick your brain for a min, I remember many moons ago the guys who were laying the cable for Nynex saying to me that if they cut through one of the utilities cables that Nynex were liable. Is this still the case if as above a company cuts through VMs cable?:confused: